Children are just too funny. They speak their mind and the first thing that pops into their mind – they say! Some children are just natural comedians (without even thinking about it!).
I have been blessed to know some pretty awesome children that just make me laugh out loud – and it’s the type of laugh that makes your stomach hurt from laughing so hard!
We started writing down some of their comments in a journal so that as our children get older we can share with them the hilarious things they used to say.
I wanted to share some of them with everyone here just to give you a little chuckle during the busy week (who couldn’t use a good chuckle at the start of the work week)!
Here are the best ones so far that my friend’s children and my own have used:
1) “That’s unfortunate” – my son used this in reference to a woman who just finished having her hair cut at the salon – but in his defence it really was an unfortunate haircut!
2) “Mom I did NOT hit my brother – his head fell into my hand” – sure my sweetie, sure….
3) “Mom, you have to take me to McDonald’s. My Quarter Pounder meter is low and if it gets too low I will not be able to do anything..like walk the dog, watch t.v., play soccer..” – does that mean Mommy will finally get to watch the news without someone complaining the whole time he wants to watch Johnny Test??
4) “Tea Party Rules: No burping, no eating with your mouth open, no silliness and most importantly Daddy you are not allowed to touch the cookies on my plate” – my friend’s daughter rocks!!.
5) “Mommy is that your prize for being the fastest on the road” – yes baby, Mommy got a very special prize!! – love the innocence of children! This comment made my friend’s day after getting a ticket.
6) “Mommy I think those are cow chickens” – my friend’s daughters response to seeing white chickens with black dots on them.
7) “Mommy is the wash version of the song?” responded with: “Do you mean the clean version of the song?”
8) “Mommy how come you do not know how to sew? Your sister, my aunt, knows how – so should you” – she is too clever isn’t she??!!
And the one we all love to hear:
9) “Mom, you know I love you right…” – hmmm…what did you DO?
What are some of the funniest things your children have said to you? Would love to hear!