I love muffins and they make the perfect on the go snack in the morning and on our way out in the early evening to soccer. Blueberries are a big hit in our home and I love using them up in our muffin recipes. Here is one of my favourite recipe!
– 2 cups of flour
– 2 tsp of baking powder
– 1/4 tsp of salt
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 cup of melted butter
– 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup of milk
– 1 1/2 cups of blueberries (love using fresh ones)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt into one bowl and set aside.
3. Combine sugar and melted butter in a second bowl. Add two beaten eggs into mixture and whisk well.
4. Slowly add milk and whisk continuously.
5. Add this mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
6. Add blueberries and mix well.
7. Add into muffin wrappers on a muffin tray. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top (or when you insert a toothpick it comes out dry).
Enjoy! This recipe makes twelve muffins.
I have finally gotten my recipe right for making banana bread! I have tried to bake a loaf on so many occasions and each time the inside always had a wet, undercooked taste to it. I am so proud to have finally gotten in right that I had to share my recipe with everyone! This was so delicious and had my boys coming back for seconds.
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix the melted butter and mashed bananas together.
3. Add the sugar, beaten egg, vanilla and mix.
4. Add the baking soda and salt, mix.
5. Add the flour, mix.
6. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top (add more if you love the taste of the cinnamon – I’m sure I added more than a teaspoon!!).
7. Pour the mix into a buttered 4×9 loaf pan. Bake for one hour. Allow to cool and then serve.