This Valentine’s Day craft is a part of the Valentine Crafts with Kids campaign for the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop & post have been compensated as a part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. All opinions on this blog are my own.
Craft time is always fun time in our house. We love spending hours painting, colouring and using crafts as a teaching tool. Crafts are important for developing fine motor skills in children, expressing their creativity and can also be used as a successful learning tool.
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching we set upon the task of coming up with a creative way to send our loved ones Valentine’s Day cards for this #CollectiveBias campaign. We wanted something unique and different from the typical Valentine’s Day cards.
So what did we come up with? We decided to create picture frame cards! So we headed off to Walmart to explore their Art Supplies section.
There were so many craft supplies to choose from when we were there – the possibilities were endless. This is one of the reasons why I love shopping at our local Walmart. Our little one kept pulling everything off the shelves that he could get his little hands on he was that excited!
And now for our craft!
You Will Need:
1. Paint wooden frame with desired colours. You can also choose to make a pattern on the frame as well. To do so you must first outline the design on the frame with pencil lightly. Remember to paint the lighter paint on first. Allow the frame to dry.
2. Paint five of the small popsicle sticks in a different colour. Allow the sticks to dry.
3. Write on two of the sticks, “Happy Valentine’s Day”, on one stick “2014” and on the final two sticks “I Love You, Love <insert your child’s name>. Make sure to use pen and not a marker as the marker will bleed.
4. Glue the sticks to the felt and cut the pieces out in an oval like shape.
5. Before gluing anything down, arrange all the material on the frame where you would like it to be placed. When you are happy with the design – start gluing! The Elmer’s felt stickers were awesome, you just have to peel off the back and place them down. Made the whole process so much simpler for my little ones.
6. Insert photo on the back of the picture frame.
Voila! A perfect Valentine’s Day card personalized just for your loved ones!
Valentine’s Day is a special day for families, friends and partners. It is a day where we can go above and beyond to show those we love how much we appreciate having them in our life. A moment to slow down in our busy lives and truly live in the moment.
“Valentine, just a few words to tell you how I love you. I have loved you since the first day I saw you. Whenever that was.” — Charles M. Schulz