Fall is the perfect time of year to enjoy a nice, warm bowl of macaroni and cheese. I know my two boys are HUGE fans of all that cheesy goodness. As a family we like to add a little bit of variety to our bowl of macaroni and cheese (keeps meal time exciting!).
The Nudge macaroni and cheese product line has quickly become a favourite in our home. The four different types of macaroni and cheese are all:
- made with organic ingredients
- made with grass-fed dairy
- peanut free
- non GMO ingredients
- no artificial colours, preservatives or flavours
- a source of Omega 3 fatty acids (from the grass-fed dairy and flax pasta)
To spice it up a little, try a spin on one of my favourite recipes, Southwest macaroni and cheese.
- one box of Nudge macaroni and cheese
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 5 tbsp of milk
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- one green pepper
- one cup of black beans (drained and washed)
- one cup of diced tomatoes (I like to use fresh but you can also used canned)
- three garlic cloves
Prepare the box of Nudge macaroni and cheese as directed and set aside.
In a frying pan, warm up the coconut oil and add in the green peppers and garlic gloves. Allow them to cook until softened and golden.
Add in the black beans and cook for one to two minutes.
Add in the cup of diced tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are softened. On a medium setting on our stove this took just under five minutes. You can use salt or pepper if desired to taste.
Mix in the tomatoes, black beans and green peppers with the macaroni and cheese.
Enjoy your southwest macaroni and cheese! Do you have a favourite macaroni and cheese recipe?
Disclosure: I received the above mentioned product free of charge. All opinions expressed are my own.