Check In One: The Good and The Bad on My Healthy Start
My first week is officially done in my healthy lifestyle challenge and I had quite a few ups and downs. While I am not 100% happy with how well I committed to it, I can’t look back but only forward as tomorrow is always a new day. I need to focus on my overall health and well being and each positive and healthy step forward is a win for me.
So here is the breakdown:
Last week’s goals:
2 pound weight loss.Completed!! Woohoo!! Follow my vegetarian diet with a meal plan.I stuck to this like glue and while I wish I had some additional emotional support for this change I am happy with how I feel and I am sure my loved ones will too over time.
- Yoga four times a week. I managed to complete my yoga practice twice this week and it made me feel so good! I love how my body feels so relaxed afterwards and this will be something I will do more of.
Daily evening meditation.While I did complete this in the bath (the only time I am given absolute and complete silence) it still felt good to just quiet my mind and focus on nothing.
- Daily squat, lunge, push up and crunch challenge. I actually kind of forgot about this one so this week I am going to make a fitness calendar to keep myself on track!
- Run daily for five minutes (I am starting out here!!). Does chasing after kids at soccer count??
Stay hydrated with eight glasses of water a day.This is the part I loved the most and left me feeling less bloated.
- 10,000 step minimum a day. Oops, not even close! I was very bad last week while on vacation!
This week’s goal:
- 1-2 pound weight loss
- Continue to maintain my vegetarian diet with a meal plan.
- Yoga fours times this week.
- Daily evening meditation.
- Daily squat, lunge, push up and crunch challenge with a fitness calendar.
- Two litres of water a day.
- 10,000 steps minimum a day.
- Daily morning detox tea.
Make sure you check out my initial post on my healthy start and enter to win a giveaway to focus on your healthy start!