Week Three Update: Staying Strong and Healthy
It is said it takes twenty-one days to break a bad habit. I have officially reached that point and passed through the worst parts of my journey and I am on the road to committing to making healthier choices for myself and my family. It no longer feels like a chore but it is just part of my normal day. I feel strong, confident and ready to take on more.
Here is how I did:
Last week’s healthy living goals:
1-2 pound weight lossI have finally started to lose weight again thankfully! I lost another two pounds and I am at a weight I have not seen in five years so I am beyond happy. I think the walking and added weight training is helping.
- Yoga four times this week. I only managed to do this once this week and I truly missed doing my yoga. Yoga always makes me feel refreshed, energized and at ease with life.
- Daily evening meditation. My kids did not want to seem to leave me alone but c’est la vie. I am going to devote additional time this week for my ‘quiet’ time to unwind.
Daily squat, lunge, push up, crunch and plank challenge. I not only completed my personal challenge but also added in extra weight training and ball exercises.
Two litres of water a day.Completed! And learning to finish the majority of my water before 4pm so I am not up all night (!).
- 11,000 steps a day (got to up my goal a bit!). I completed this five out of the seven days and it is slowly becoming second nature to me to just keep moving.
- Two 3km walks. I only made it on one walk this week but I completed it without being completely out of breath.
Each day I feel better as I commit to living a healthy lifestyle. I feel as if I have more energy to give not only to myself but to my family.
This week’s goals:
- 1-2 pound weight loss.
- Weight training three times this week.
- Yoga three times this week.
- Daily squat, lunge, push up and crunch challenge.
- 11,000 steps a day.
- One 3 km walk.
- One 4 km walk.
I am hoping each of these little actions will help me out in my goals of walking 10km with my sister in The Great Camp Adventure Walk on September 26th.
Make sure to check out and enter my healthy living giveaway before September 11th. Good luck.