Are you sending off a child to college this year? Or maybe you are heading off yourself?
Looking back to my own university years my room was one of the most important things to me when I started school. It was my first time being apart from my family (a HUGE adjustment for me) and I wanted my room to be my home away from home, to remind me of those closest to me while still representing who I am. The only problem? Have you seen how small those dorm rooms are?!
This is where Posterjack comes in! If you are not familiar with Posterjack they are a Canadian online photo printing company with a passion for photography. They create original and unique works of art to display in your personal space.
Students can decorate their dorm room with some fantastic photo art tips from Posterjack to maximize every inch of space.
- Make your room feel bigger with reflections! Metal prints and lacquer frames catch and reflect light helping to make a small space feel bigger
- Make a statement. An oversize poster makes a strong statement as well as creating a focal point, tricking the eye into thinking the room is bigger than it is.
- Create continuity. Use a collection of canvas prints that have the same soft colours and are the same size for a natural flow throughout the room.
- Add personality without the paint. Most locations will not allow you to use paint on the dorm walls but you can still create an accent wall with Peel and Sticks.
- Inspiration boards. My personal favourite – create a collage of all the people, places and things that inspire you – perfect for above your desk to remind you why you are there and your goals.
All of these products can be ordered in three simple steps off of the Posterjack site:
- Upload a photo.
- Select your print and size.
- Sit back as Posterjack delivers right to your door (bonus here!).
Parents – this would be a great move in gift for your kids so that they can take a little piece of family and history with them as they embark on this new stage in their life!
Disclosure: I received product for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Father’s Day is quickly approaching and it’s time to start thinking of creating a special personalized gift to celebrate the special Dad’s in your life.
Posterjack has you covered this Father’s Day with gifts that will suit all types of personalities. You can create a personalized gift for your Dad celebrating all those special moments with five different personalized photo art ideas.
- Does you Dad love the outdoors? If nature and being outside is important to your Dad why not print a photo of one of your adventures on a Wood Print?
- Is Dad a car fanatic? You can celebrate Dad’s passion of his cars with a metal print – something that I know my husband will love (especially since he refers to his car as his ‘Baby’).
- Sports lover in your home? Re-live those special moments on the fields with a Gallery Box.
- Show your Dad just how much you love him (the perfect gift from little kids!) with a collage of images that represent all of Dad’s best qualities.
- Capture and keep those special moments with Dad in a framed photo of the two of you.
Ordering gifts from Posterjack is super simple – upload a photo, select the product, choose your preferred size and they will deliver right to your door!
What are your favourite types of gifts to give for Father’s Day?
How many of you have collected massive amounts of photos over the past couple of months? If you are anything like me (my poor kids!) you probably have hundreds of photos saved on your hard drive. Last count put me at 2000 (good thing my husband has not seen it yet!).
Posterjack wants to help you clean up your hard drive and give you the chance to win one of five $25 vouchers!
Starting next week, from April 7th to 11th, Posterjack will be hosting a photo challenge on Twitter with followers sharing photos using the hashtag #PJSpringCleaning that illustrates these five daily themes:
- What was I thinking?!
- Funniest candid moment (sure everyone has quite a few of these!)
- I completely forgot that happened…..
- Crazy how different they look
- I want this photo on the wall (I have several of these!)
Posterjack is also offering readers 15% off their orders to help celebrate Spring. To redeem this offer, please use the code: SpringCleaning before April 20th, 2014 at midnight.
Here is my photo I really really want on my wall:
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching (doesn’t if feel like we just finished all the holiday celebrations??!!). Finding the perfect gift for any celebration is so important – I love my gifts to be from the heart, personal and mean something for both the person receiving it and me giving it to them.
This year for Valentine’s Day I would love for my husband to develop a canvas print photograph of us from our wedding day. When we were married we never purchased a photo package instead we opted to purchase the rights to our photographs and were given them on a disc after our wedding. The plan was that after the wedding we would develop them and have one developed into a large print so that we could put it up in our living room. Four years later we still have not done this (insert embarassed faces right here!).
If you are not yet familiar with Posterjack
they are an online photo printing company that produces some of the most spectacular photo art in Canada. They use several mediums to really turn your photographs in to works of art. You can choose to have your photographs printed on posters, canvas, metal, acrylics as well as having it mounted, framed or in a gallery box. With such a wide variety of choices you can not go wrong! My favourite products from them has always been their framed artwork.
Now my hardest task was to choose just what photograph from our wedding I wanted to use! We debated and finally chose this one:
If you are not familiar with their website uploading a photo was very simple. Actually the whole process was simple from start to finish. Just upload an image, choose your product and size (the prices are marked on the side of the options making it easy to identify roughly how much your item will cost you) and upload! This is what your screen will look like:
is now giving you the chance to create your own special Valentine’s Day gift for a loved one! Canadian residents can enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are my own. My compensation was bringing this great giveaway to you!
I know we are already half way through the month of January (do you find this month as hard as I do to get back on track?! It has felt impossible!).
Posterjack is encouraging all you photographers to get out there and snap some shots during their 31 Day Photo Challenge!
Every day in the month of January share your photo of the daily theme either on Posterjack’s Facebook wall or on Twitter using the hashtag #JanuarySnapshots. Their are two daily prizes of $25 vouchers to Posterjack (they have some great ideas for gifts as well so this would be perfect!).
All of the winning entries will be featured in a Facebook album where fans will vote for one winner. The grand prize winner will win a $200 voucher! Nice, right? Hurry to get those shots in!