Roasted Stuffed Peppers
My husband and I have made a commitment to each other to focus on our health – which has included eating healthier home cooked meals, incorporating more vegetables and less processed food. I have always wanted to try stuffed peppers but I was not a fan of the recipes we were finding. So we made up our own (I wanted quinoa but the hubby won and we used rice). I hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!
- two large green peppers
- 4 slices of provolone
- rice (amount varies depending on size of pepper – enough to fill the peppers)
- mushrooms, tomatoes, onions (amount varies depending on size of pepper – enough to fill the peppers)
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the tops off of the two peppers and remove the seeds.
- Place a slice of provolone into each green pepper.
- In a small pan place about 1 tsp of olive oil and on light heat cook the tomatoes, mushrooms and onions until golden brown.
- Add the rice, mix and continue to cook for roughly one to two minutes.
- Carefully spoon the rice mixture into the green peppers.
- Cover each green pepper with a slice of provolone. Place in oven and cook until the top is a golden brown. This will take roughly 40-45 minutes depending on the strength of your oven.
Enjoy! How do you make your own stuffed peppers?