Breakfast Muffins #recipe
Breakfast is the busiest time of the day in our home as we try to get everyone up, fed and ready to head out the door. Since breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day we don’t want to miss out! This simple to prepare and bake recipe has quickly become a favourite in our home. The bonus? It also doubles as the perfect snack on the go!
- One cup of shredded zucchini
- One cup of shredded carrot
- One cup of finely cut red peppers
- Six extra large eggs
- Twelve muffin liners
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Shred your zucchini and carrots and set aside in a bowl. Finely cut up your red peppers and place in the bowl.
- Crack six extra large eggs, add about a tbs of water and mix together.
- Slowly pour the eggs on top of the vegetables. Mix the egg mixture in well so that the vegetables are evenly spread out.
- Place one muffin liner into each muffin hole in the baking tray. I prefer using the liners to make for an easier clean up. Using a spoon pour the mixture into the muffin liners. Ensure that each muffin is roughly the same level.
- Place in your oven and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes – because of varying oven times check the muffins out at the fifteen minute mark. If the egg is cooked remove them from the oven. If not allow the extra couple of minutes to ensure that the egg is cooked.
You can store the extras in your fridge and warm them up for when you are hungry. Do you have a go to breakfast recipe for busy mornings?