- – package of Maple Leaf prime mince turkey
- – 1/2 of a red, orange and yellow pepper, cut thinly
- – 1 cup of mushrooms
- – 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots
- – 1 cup of thinly sliced celery
- – 1/2 bundle of fresh, washed and chopped spinach
- – 1 medium onion
- – 1 1/2 tbsp (approx.) of extra virgin olive oil
- – 1 jar of tomato sauce (we can our own every September so it is just pure tomato but any tomato sauce can work!)
Today did not start off great – our youngest child is sick and was up for the majority of the night. I could not for the life of me force myself out of bed this morning early enough to make it to the gym!! I tried and tried but it felt like my eyes were shut closed.
On a good note, both of my boys started breakfast with two scrambled Burnbrae Farms Omega Pro eggs with toast (love mornings where they eat a super healthy breakfast!) and fruit. Hoping to hear about good days from both of them when I go to pick them up!!
I let my husband do the grocery shopping today and I was a tad bit disappointed with his shop. He did not purchase pork or beef with a Canadian label (in fact it had no label on it so not sure where it is from and you can definitely tell the difference! It does not look as fresh as what we usually buy). He did purchase local fruits and veggies which I was proud of 🙂
No gym or walk for us tonight as they suckered me in for another year of Catholic School Council meetings and will be volunteering tonight at the Welcome Back BBQ!!
Anyone else establishing new healthy routines?
- 1 red pepper (the darker, the better!!)
- 1 onion
- butter (I do not usually measure out just go by how much is needed to fry the onions and peppers!)
- 1 small container of 10 or 18% cream
- package of Oliveri tortellini (I love the rainbow pasta with seven cheeses!)