Re-Creating My Pinterest Dream #cbias
I was very excited to be able to participate in re-creating one of my dream pins that I found on the CB Socially account on Pinterest. If you are not yet following the CB Socially boards you really should! There is a board for every possible event, theme, craft, recipe or product that you can think of.
We moved into our new home around three months ago and are still in the process of purchasing new furniture and re-decorating. We started off in the dining room and purchased a new dining set. I have been researching and looking into a centre piece for it but so far have not been able to find one that really spoke to me. I knew as soon as I found the Mason Jar Succulent pin that this would be perfect for our new home!
What I loved the most about this home decor project was it’s simplicity. For a person like me who is not quite the best at putting together floral arrangements and crafts this looked perfect! The only materials needed were: mason jar, stones, glass beads and succulent. Pretty simple right?
I am one of those individuals who has to prepare her shop before hand and research prices. I was able to find everything I needed for this project at Walmart online. I was able to head over to Walmart during my lunch hour at work and gather everything I needed in under twenty minutes! You can find my whole shopping experience in my album here.
I had decided that since these pieces were going to be the focal point for our new dining set that I wanted one taller jar and one of the three jars to contain a dried coloured flower instead of a succulent to add additional contrast. Looking through both the original project’s instructions and my online research I was able to find a jar/vase that would suit this need.
Here is a peak at my purchases:
I could not have been more impressed with how simple it was to put together. I always get a little bit hesitant to try out the projects I find on Pinterest as I am nervous as to whether it will be too difficult for me to create and the length of time to re-create the project. This project was easy to put together and came together in three easy steps: