Breakfast is one of our (well mine for sure!) favourite meals of the day and so important! Without it my whole day is off and I personally tend to over eat and reach for food that I do not usually eat in the afternoon. Having healthy and satisfying options available to my family is so important.
is a Canadian owned and operated egg company with farms in Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba. You have probably seen quite a few of their products in store – ranging from their liquid eggs
(egg whites, Omega Pros, french toast, Egg Creations), to shell eggs
and even boiled eggs
On their website you can find a section called the Recipe Nest
– it is full of egg recipes (some of the combinations and recipes I would never have even imagined would go together!).
I tried their Apple Omelette recipe
and I made some minor changes to it to suit my little ones but it tasted divine! I was really impressed by the taste and the ease of how to prepare it (I prepared it on a Monday morning and it did not take any longer than our usual breakfast routine).
Here is what I did:
1. 1 unpeeled apple cored and thinly sliced
2. 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
3. 1 tbsp of maple syrup
4. 1 carton of Omega Pro liquid eggs
5. 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
6. 1/2 cup shredded medium cheese
**I have left out the salt and substituted extra virgin olive oil for vegetable oil and medium cheese for old cheese. I prefer to cook with just olive or canola oil primarily**
1. In a covered microwaveable dish, cook the apples on High for 1 1/2 minutes or soft. Add in the cinnamon and maple syrup and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in the pan and add the carton of liquid eggs.
3. As eggs are cooking underneath, lift up the sides to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath. Cook for at least another minute or until golden brown.
4. Add the layer of shredded cheese on half of the eggs and places the apples on top. Fold the other half on top and allow the cheese to melt.
5. Remove from heat and cut into half and enjoy!
This was a perfectly filling meal on its own – no need to add toast or meat. My youngest loved the taste of the melted cheese and the soft, sweet apples. I was pretty impressed with the taste as I was not too sure in the beginning (have never added fruits into my eggs before!).
I was provided with a free product coupon to purchase the Omega Pro eggs for the purpose of providing feedback to Burnbrae Farms. I was not obligated to feature the product on my blog. All opinions on this recipe and product are my own and not influenced in any way.