Red Pepper and Onion Tortellini Pasta!
This is one of my favourite go to recipes for my eldest who dislikes his veggies. I do my best to sneak veggies in by blending them into his sauces, smoothies, etc…but this recipe I love because he is convinced that it is a cheese sauce!!
It is a super simple and delicious recipe that takes no more then twenty minutes to complete.
You will need:
- 1 red pepper (the darker, the better!!)
- 1 onion
- butter (I do not usually measure out just go by how much is needed to fry the onions and peppers!)
- 1 small container of 10 or 18% cream
- package of Oliveri tortellini (I love the rainbow pasta with seven cheeses!)
1. Cut up onion and peppers into small pieces – place into frying pan with enough butter that they soften (but be careful not to burn them – you want them soft but not brown)
2. Boil water for tortellini – follow instructions on the package you purchase (this usually takes about eight to ten minutes). Strain and set aside.
3. Once peppers and onions are soft enough put the mixture into a blender. Add the whole container of cream at a time – depending on the size of the peppers and onions you use you may not need the whole container. Blend until smooth (it will have an orange colour to it, which is why my son believes it is cheese!).
4. Cover pasta and voila!! Delicious pasta that even the pickiest veggie eaters will love!